Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi I'm very new to elements and have been playing with brushes. I downloaded a new set, scanned the file and put it in presets but now my brush icon has disappeared from the toolbox. I've tried all sorts even system restore but nothing works, any ideas please.
Cas
ok you lost me at scanned the file?

I would go back into your preset folder, remove what you added and do a restart. If this fixes your problem come back and let's talk about installing the abr. file properly.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks Kimi, I've got it back now. But what I meant was I scanned the file for virus before i did anything with it. I followed a tutorial for importing brushes. Extracted files from zip, opened elements, presets, brushes and put the file in there. What should I have done
The box for the Brush Tool in the Toolbox actually contains four tools..... Brush, Pencil, Impressionist Brush and Colour Replacement Tool...... if you're not seeing the Brush then it's usually because you last used one of the other three tools. You need to keep the icon pressed for a second and the others will be visible.

Once you've chosen the Brush again, the full range of brush types will be visible in the Options Toolbar. If your new set of brushes are not in the dropdown list, just click on the double-headed arrow to the right and go for "Load Brushes" and choose your new set. (the .abr file).
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Many thanks, that was it. I learn a bit more each day.
or if you decide that you are a brush freak like me. :rotfl:
You can have a separate folder that you keep your downloaded brushes in. I have directions on how to set this up on my blog, but you will have to scroll way down to a post labeled something like... brushes, brushes.
Once you navigate to the path of your folder the software will remember and go there every time you go to load.

It really does make life so much easier. This way the software is not accessing all those brushes on the start up.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Many thanks Kimi I'll take a look :toast:
7 posts Page 1 of 1