Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I haven't posted here so long, I'll have to see if I can remember how. :) I'm playing around w/ a birth announcement design for our baby due in June. For the pictures, I would like a border similar to the ones around the first and middle pictures, but w/o the white frame. Anyway I can do this? Also, I wish I could make the frames brown.

Other suggestions for improvement?

Attachments

Hello and welcome back. To get rid of the white on the first two frames, use the magic want and select the white and hit delete. To change the frame to brown, make sure you have the layer active and go to the tool menu, Edit>Fill. Make sure preserve transparency is checked, choose color from the drop down and select the brown you want, click OK, click OK and viola.

BTW, congratulations on the upcoming birth of a new son.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Just trying the first step--but it won't let me select just the white. As soon as I click on the white, it'll just select the whole card.
Are you sure your frame layer is active in the layers palette and not your background layer? The white area is small so make sure you are clicking it and not just outside of it. Also make sure you have the Magic Wand selected and not the Quick Selection tool.

You could always delete the first two frames and use the same frame you used for the third one.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
When you say, "active layer" do you mean that I have clicked on that layer and am working on that, not the background layer? (Because that's what I'm doing) I tried the magic wand and the selection brush and zoomed way in, so I'd be sure to be selecting the white border. I know I could use the third, but I don't like it quite as well. Yes, I'm picky. :roll: :D
Any other suggestions?
Can you post a full size via pixentral and I will see what I can do for you. I might even have a similar frame that I can send you.
Sorry, missed your post on Tuesday. That sounds weird that you can't make the selections. Sounds like something is not working properly. Are you using Elements or Photoshop CS? I would try try restting preferences and see if that helps. When you click the programs to open it, immediately click Shift Ctrl ALT, when a box opens click yes. See if that fixes the problem. If not, as Suzi stated, post a larger image on Pixentral so we can see it better and maybe one of us has the frame of a similar one we can send you.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
did this ever get resolved???

I can probably find an edge that you can use if your didn't get it worked out. I think it needs more than just a plain blue background. I have a couple of papers that I am working on to give out on my blog. (I think I called them seafoam) I think you could find one you liked for a background. I have to make a birth announcement for a client and I love your layout. Would you mind if I borrowed some of the ideas?

I would have just one single image but I like the kind of grungy fonts and the simplicity of your design.

do sign up for my blog so you don't miss the papers....
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
my version.... none of the information is correct.
my neighbor is going to have a baby in July and I will be doing her announcements and baby pictures.
they haven't even picked a name so I made one up. I want to give her a few different options to choose from.

~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
11 posts Page 1 of 2