Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi folks,looking at peoples pics on the differant threads, I see that when describing the actions they whent through, some ,espesially those that have done lovely painting type pics ,have used ''simplify'.
I have looked all over my pse5,and cant find this action anywhere,or in my books.
can somone explain to me what this is and can I do this with pse5'.
many thanks,
min.
Won't find it in PSE5, Min,
It's one of a half-dozen or so (maybe more) 3d-party actions that can be found on the web and downloaded and installed into most versions of PSE. Some are free, some are for sale. "Dave's Simplifier" is one of the better known versions; not sure, I think that one is a freebie.

Google "simplifier", or maybe "Dave's simplifier"; you'll find lots of links to follow. If you just enter "simplifier" you'll have to wade thru a lot of non-photography references.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Min, Topaz also has a Simplifier plug in.

Anita
Thanks Rusty, no wonder I couldnt figure it out!,will have a look at the site you mentioned .
Westiemom,thanks for that hun,but my topaz trial ran out, :crying: ,so I'm trying my hardest to mimic some of the effects,...Its not the same though :crying: :crying: lol.
Min, Xero has a simplifier.....and many other interesting filters.....all free.

Something else you'd like...Virtual Photographer. If you haven't gotten it you should. Also free.
Min, look for Anita's thread here on the Buzz plug-in. it is free and does the same thing. Found it.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5681&hilit=buzz
yep.. one of the things I lost when my laptop died was my version of the "buzz simplifier". :crying:

I did move it over to CS3 but it wants the code to make it work and of course we can no longer get the code. Funny, the things we keep after all this time.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Min,
Dave's simplifier can be obtained for the ridiculous price of FREE at ATN CENTRAL. http://www.atncentral.com.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Min, :wave: it looks like we're all experts on................free. :biggrin:
Here is another free one that Michel posted about a week ago.

http://asnailpace.com/blog/buzz-pro-v30/

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
15 posts Page 1 of 2