Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Min that dll is used in the Arcsoft software, trying putting the dll in there and see what happens. Take it out of elements because it is not needed there. Computers are weird things and dll's in different can affect it. Give it a try and see what happens

One other thought, go into your windows folder and see if you have this .dll "msvcrt10.dll", if not you need that one for sure. Let me know if it is not there and I will send it to you.
The other .dll for sure goes into arcsoft and not elements.

Edit: I completely removed that dll from my computer and it made no difference in elements starting up. Worked just fine.
What is the exact error wording that you are getting when you try to start elements, Min. Is it in organizer or edit that this is happening
I think that the .dll should go in the Windows System folder and not directly in any specific program.
Hi Suzib,Tennie.
the organiser is ok its only both of the edits that arnt functioning.the exact message is photoshop edit has failed to respond because the EZD.dll was not found.
If I click on edit from any where,the mouse icon just goes round for ever and nothing happens,then if i click on the the photoshop edit screen agin, the whole screen goes milky white,and I get the message photoshop elements editor is not responding, I get the choice to close program and pos loose data or wiat for the program to respond,I have waited for quite a while but nothing happens so I choose to close the program,at which point a windows message tells me it will report the prob and search for solution ,then I get the message about the EZD.the weird thing is that 5 mins after I have chosen to close the program the editor will suddenly open up on the screen!,without any promps from me,lol
Adobe have not got back to me..yet.I cant move or get rid of the ezd thing as I cant find it in the first place hun.
Also I have clicked on every window icon that I have and as yet cannot seem to find my ''windows files'',in documents I only have pictures that I'v resized to put on the forum ,what on earth am I doing wrong,as you can see Iam smiling through gritted teeth!! :D
min.
Min, I have been researching this EZD.dll and can only find a few references. One is that it has to do with a program called Sonar, some type of music thing. The other is bad, a trojan bug. If you have any type of antispyware or antimalware programs run them and see what shows up.
I also at this point recommend PMing Gene with this problem. He is great with this stuff, also John
Suzib many thanks for your' help and time spent on this for me,I'm totally confused now as the message comes across that the reason edit isnt working is because it cant find the darn EZDll,and I even tried to download the thing to put it back where it is meant to be!! :oops: .Have checked comp and my security package and settings and she appears to be squeeky clean hun.
I am very dissapointed with the Adobe help/support as there has been none as yet, :twisted: lol.will try your' suggestion later on today as my eyes are square and its 2.am.thanks hun
MIN.
hi folks ,well it turns out that i do have a virus in my photoshop program in editer,and in adobe 9,adobe was put right by downloading the newest versoin,but I dont seem to be able to fix pse5 files in the editor,even though Ihave done what the adobe site told me to do,apparently the virus is effecting ,and I think it was cs2/cs3 and elements 5,and is being delivered through png/dib and rle that I may have opened up in pse5 when I have used plug ins.
my question is this to anybody out there.
two weeks ago or so ,I did a full computer back up,I know this will only put back my original factoy settings,so a lot of pics will be lost,but will I have downloaded the virus onto the disks for my computers full restart just to load them back on again,as I dont know how long the virus has been there?.Or when Imade the disks do they only copy the factoy setings so would not have picked up any corruption,?
min.
MIn, before you do that download malwarebytes anti-malware and to a full scan with it. You will be surprised what it can do. It is free and worth a shot. It sure worked for me!!!
Before you do the backup, run your disks through your anti-virus and also use the above program. But, I really think that the malware will do it for you.
Min, I am so happy Suzi is helping you with this. I've been following but am not as knowledgeable as she.

I hope you can get rid of 'the bad guys' and be up and running again. We've missed you.
THhanks girls,will give it a go Suzib :|
min.
19 posts Page 2 of 2