Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi everybody,I dont know why but my editor in pse5 has stopped working,my computer told me that to put the prob right I would need to re install the program.So, I have uninstalled and them re installed ,but it will still not respond for editing,have tried to contact adobe ,but they wont accept my e.mail address ,they say its allready in use ??,any body got any ideas on how to resolve the problem, is it that I need to update my pse5 ,though I have never been contacted about upgrading for my windows or vista and thats all Iv' ever used ,any help gratfully recieved.no photoshop,no creative playing!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:
Hey, Min....that happened to me on PSE 5 also. Seems there was a .dll file missing. Can't remember the name but I'll try to find it. All I did was download it and put it in Windows system. Back soon.

:oops: Can't find the reference but think the one I had to replace was msvcrt.dll. Do you get a dialog that says it won't open because of a missing ********.dll? If so, that is the one to search for. I'll keep checking to see if I can come up with anything.
It is a shot in the dark but do a system restore to a time when you know it worked.
Outlook did that to me a few days ago. Wouldn't open, I knew it had worked the day before. A few days ago I had ran a scan disk and a defrag and then went in and set it as a restore point. So I restored back to then. Everything was fine after that.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, it might work, but it didn't for me. Had to get the .dll and apparantly it was because it's needed by some plugins that I installed.
Hi ladies,Tennie it sais ''the EZDLL.dll was not found'' and that reinstalling the application should resolve the prob but it didnt,come to think of it,it whent bottoms up after I downloaded lightzone for a 30 day trial ,tennie any ideas on where I would go to download the EZDLL.dll hun ?
min. TENNIE,found DLL free download site for missing files,and guess what ,my file is the one they dont have!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: .min
Kimi,will try your' suggestion as well as it was only a little while ago that Idid the de fragment and cleaned up my comp as well as doing full system back up.
min
Kimi,did this and chose a date when everything was fine,but it's telling me that the system restart could not complete because of an unrecognisd error,and just keeps asking me to enter another location date,so thats not working hun. :crying: .min.
Min, I checked my elements 5 and windows folders I do not have the dll in either program. Are you sure that is the one you need.
Min, here are a few sites to get that dll

http://www.dlldll.com/ezdll.dll_download.html

http://www.dlllab.com/ezdll.dll_download.html

From what I can find out this dll is used by ARCSOFT software. Do you have that on your computer

google the dll and you can find a bunch of places to download it
Suzi's right. Google knows all. I found the same site she did in seconds.

Good luck.
Hi girls/boys ,
WELL TRIED DOWNLOADING FROM THE SITES ,but it made no differance to my pse5,so whent to Adobe to get help,one of the contact no.s no longer exists! and the one I did get through to just kept me on hold for sooooo long that I got fed up of waiting,have sent them an e.mail explaining everything ,hopefully sombody from them will get back to me.the on screen promps for help just kept sending me round in circles and back to the same first page,lol.
suzib,yes I do have ARCSOFT on my computer,but its a program that was allready insalled on the comp when purchased hun and I have never used it to date ? .my computer company HP said that it is definatly a program prob and they could put me through to ADdobe help team to resolve the prob ,but they were going to charge me what I thought was a lot of dosh for doing so ,so I am trying really hard to contact them myself ,easier said than done Ihave to say. I missed not having topaz plug in but not being able to use my pse5 is far worse.
Fingers crossed Adobe will get back to me!?.
19 posts Page 1 of 2