Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
43 posts Page 3 of 5
Deb, here is another good place to start. Michelle has a thread helping with Elements starting from the beginning. Could really help you out. If you are using CS it can still be helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5793

Suzi and Shari, looking good. I finally a little time so I am going to give it a shot too.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Deb,

So sorry for your loss. I took a stab at it - copied the layer, did a free transform and reduced the width by 9% and did a little cloning on the neck creases. Cropped and sized for what should produce a fair 8x10

John
Here is my attempt. I used an airbrush action and took out the lines around the eyes and the softened the complexions. I used the healing brush on the lines on the neck (art brush wasn't getting it). Toothfairy action on the teeth and used the red eye tool on the eyes. I cropped it and even though you said you wanted the background I added a vinette the color of his shirt to help give the illusion of being thinner.

I have a larger version just saved smaller to fit the screen online

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
husbandW.jpg
husbandW.jpg (163.17 KiB) Viewed 1021 times

Larger size in my gallery

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/1382597/34004
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
These are absolutely beautiful shots guys. Im speachless. I think I like the one with the blue border all around best. The skin tones are even and we have our pepsodent smiles on and nobody can see my ugly fingers which usually have long fingernails and didnt this past Christmas. I usually have a bit lighter highlighted hair and can somebody do a nose trim on Jim. I am concerned what that might look like in a bigger picture :love:

Deb
Deb, here is a larger view

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Everyone's retouching is sure nice! Nice work, all!
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Another version

These pictures are all so great. Its going to be hard to pick my favorite for sure! You guys rock!

Deb :chickendance:
Last one for me, hope you like it

43 posts Page 3 of 5