Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
43 posts Page 4 of 5
Hello... I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It was a pleasure to work on your picture. Your husband has a wonderful smile and you both looked very happy. You will be in my thoughts.

Here is my version of your picture. If you decide to use let me know and I will do a print test and make sure my selection is up to par for your purposes. It needs more blending but this will give you my general idea.

Also I can change the color scheme if this doesn't suit your living room colors well. I thought the warm colors were flattering. I also sofened the skintones and corrected the color. I like having your hand in bc you can see your ring but would be happy to crop that out if you like.

Attachments

Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
Better late than never. Not sure about Pixentral.... Hope this works....

PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Deb,
Hope you like this version.
You said that you would like to retain some of the background so I applied a Gaussian blur to the Photo. Then used a layer mask to bring back you and your DH. Smoothed the skin, removed some of the redness from hubby's face. Whitened the teeth and made a thinning effect.
Kev.

Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
My heart goes out to you. I am sorry for your loss.
Everyone has just great jobs on Deb's photo. This is one reason I love this forum so much. In time of need we are all here for each other. And what a great way to welcome Deb to our forum family.

I removed the vinette so just you can see it without it and when I uploaded the larger version yesterday I noticed a shadow under Jim's nose and removed it.

edit: Looking at everyone's version of this photo one thing kept standing out to me. I didn't notice the blue spot between Jim and Deb so much, but something shining on his chest was driving me nuts. He has a pen in his shirt pocket. I am not posting it but I cloned that out.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I'm so impressed by everyone's contribution of time & talent! Deb sure has a lot of beautifully retouched images to select from.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Ok, one more. Copied the afghan above Jim's right shoulder and replaced the blue spot with it.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Everyone on this forum is so amazing and wonderful. What a beautiful way of honoring Deb's husband and caring for her in her grief. You are all angels this week. :saint:
Thank you everyone that has taken the time to respond to my plea and give their best to make a really great picture even better. The pen you speak of in the shot was Jim's insulin pen. He was a really bad diabetic and carried it everywhere with him. I am happy to have it out of the shot. Thanks too for getting rid of the blue spot between our heads. I think that was probably a hand towel on the headrest. My step mom is always covering the chairs to keep them clean :roll: It looks better with the afghan pasted in there and also thanks for tweeking under Jim's nose. In an 11x14 it might have looked like a mass of nose hair ick! dont need that for sure either.

Now I have to pick my favorite... hmm... anyone want to give me their votes? I love you guys. You are simply the best!

Deb

Here is another shot of Jim just so you can see what kind of gentle soul he was. He used to call my daughters and I the "Hobbits" and we called him "Shrek" as he stood about a foot taller than me. He always wore a tinge of red on his face as he was easily embarassed and we teased him constantly.. as you can see in the picture below :)

Attachments

Deb, he looks like a man who was caring and dearly loved. Again, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
43 posts Page 4 of 5