Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi everyody, sadly my pse5 is not up and running,does any one know how I can resize my pics from my windows gallery,I have gone into file but no options there,and gone into individual pic info ,no options there iether,once my trial for lightzone runs out I wont be able to get any pics onto the site unless I use pixentral all the time,wich I dont really want to do with every pic,any suggestions welcome.
min. :wave:
You have a couple of options here. You can use Windows Paint (Start -> All Progams -> Accessories -> Paint) which is very, very basic but will allow you to resize based on percentages. I.e. you can resize from 100% to any percentage of it you want, above or below.

Another, better option (and its free) is to use Irfanview. It can do a lot more and also has the ability to work with RAW files. There are others, but this is one that I use on occasion.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
min,

You can use windows explorer (My Documents) and right click an image, send to, mail recipient and if you are using Outlook or Outlook Express as your mail program, it should attach the image to an email and give you the option of resizing to standard email sizes. Once attached, you may be able to save attachments (File, Save Attachments and then you will have a resized image.

If this works, fine, if not please post more details on Operating System, Email program or protocol, etc.

And now, why is Elements not working for you?
John
There is a free download,I believe, from Google called Picasa that may suit your needs.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
John and Gene, read this thread posted by Min last week on her PSE5 issue. Maybe one of you can help her out with this.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5788

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
tHANKS EVERYONE
JLWILM.My probs on the thread have expanded to downloading a lot of differant vrus clean ups,but they only tell me what the prob is not how to resolve it,or they clean up a small percetage of your' comp but to sort out the bit with the prob they want you to buy the full package,not all the freebies are as free as they first appear!The Adobe site told me how to move the effected files and replace them,but it got very confusing and now I dont know what files have gone where??,so my editor just wont function.
Hubby is going to have a chat with one of the comp chaps he sees at work,apparently he fixes some peoples probs over the phone,but he has been away all wk,so fingers crossed,he will be able to help me. :)
MIN.
Min,

This all sounds like virus/malware behavior. I read the other post and the sooner you get the system in for check-up the better.
John
A couple of spyware/antimalware programs that you can use that are free and will actually work for you are SpyBot Search and Destroy and Malwarebyte's AntiMalware. I use both and they work very well. Run both of them, and let them clean up whatever they find. As for that dll, I searched my HD (but I'm at work on my work PC) and couldn't find it. I will do it again when I get home and see if its on my home PC. It needs to go in the correct directory and once there, you may need to reboot your PC in order for it to recognize it.

The other thing, if you don't already have one, is get an Internet Security suite that includes anti-virus and firewall security. I can't stress that enough! An anti-virus program alone isn't enough. And whatever you use - KEEP IT UPDATED!!!! Good ones are Norton (the one I use), McAfee, Kaspersky, and AVG, to name a few. Stay away from sites that offer to scan your PC for free. Some are not legit, and most just want to sell you their product. PC Pitstop is a good place for scans, they are legit and I use them from time to time, but they also want to sell you their stuff. But at least they'll give you an idea of what's going on.

I read the other thread also. If I missed anything here, let me know.

And any time someone needs PC help and I don't respond to a thread, send me a PM. I look at the forum nearly every day, but haven't been reading all the posts like I used to, so I do miss some things! Glad to help when I can, and between all of us banging our heads together, we can generally figure this stuff out. :puter:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

OK...now that I am home, I searched and found EZDLL.dll here:

C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\PhotoImpression 5
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Hi,appritiate all the help,I have the Kaspersky,and downloaded the malware also,but no joy.I thought that the ARCSOFT was something that came on my comp,then I realized it 's from a disc that I downloaded for pops ,so he could see how to play with his new mini dig camera,I think editer must have been sharing it ? or a file elements was using has been overwritten by it.?I took both of them of,re downloaded pse5 after running the malware,used the pse5 disc response for lost and repair files but still not working.below is what Kaspersky tell me I have. All are virus.
f c:\pro... java exe very dangerous
f c:\pro...NPSWF32. DLL very dangerous
f c:\pro...Adobe air dll. very dangerous
f c:\pro...BMP.8BI[MY PSE 5 PLUG IN FILES] very dangerous
f c windows java exe. very dangerous. and lastley,
f c:\ ACRO R highly dangerous
min.
17 posts Page 1 of 2