Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to paste several pictures to a blank document to print them all together and save paper. But when I try to move one of the images to the blank document it tells me it can't be done for the layer is locked.
I have been looking into all my books but can't find how to unlock the layer. I had click and right click on the lock icon but nothing happen. :help: :help: :help: :help:
:thanks:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Don,

It should be on the Layers panel - click on the "locked layer" and you should be able to see what is locked. Just click on the tab and it will release the lock.

Here:

ScreenShot00133.jpg
ScreenShot00133.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 1973 times

It is the area just below the Blend Modes drop down.
John
Double-click on the lock symbol, then click OK on the box that opens.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thank you guy's what i did was this:
I went to the Layers menu, selected New, Layer from Background and problem solved.

Why is that when you want to remember some thing you do often you just can't remember for no money in the world? Old age is catching up with me I guess :rotfl:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Glad you got it solved!
John
dondiego wrote: ...Why is that when you want to remember some thing you do often you just can't remember for no money in the world? Old age is catching up with me I guess :rotfl:

Don, NOT old age, merely short-term overload.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
dondiego wrote: Thank you guy's what i did was this:
I went to the Layers menu, selected New, Layer from Background and problem solved.

Why is that when you want to remember some thing you do often you just can't remember for no money in the world? Old age is catching up with me I guess :rotfl:

A short cut is to doubleclick on the background layer to turn it into a regular unlocked layer.
Linda,

That works for a background layer, but for other layers (copies, adjustment layers, whatever) that are locked, you have to follow my post, which is based on CS3.

Hmn, I just tested it out and I can drag drop a layer (locked or not) of both flavours and no problem. So, I don't understand why Don was having an issue.
John
I think Don was just trying to unlock the background layer.
9 posts Page 1 of 1