Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been making selections and able to copy them with a clean edge before. Now when I make a selection and copy the selection to a new background I get a black feathered edge around the selection. I do not have feathered checked and can not figure out what it is I am doing wrong. I am trying to cut my grandson out of a photo to paste him into another and can't get the selection to be sharp on the edges. I feel like a newbie !! Help

Tina B
:help:
Tina,

I really don't know what to tell you either. So let's start over.....what tool are you using for the selection or extraction? Have you tried using a hard brush with the eraser on the edges? Were there adjustments made to the photo before you extracted? Could you post the pic and see if we come up with the same problem.
After much frustration I did a three finger restart of elements. Everything is back to normal but I still do not know what was going on. I was using magnetic lasso
Tina B
Tina, what version of Elements are you using?

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: Tina, what version of Elements are you using?

Rusty

PSE 5 is what I have.
Tina B
I have never had problems like that with PSE5 but have had strange things happen for no apparent reason with PSE7 and Courtney tells me of same experience with PSE6.

We were both having Crop Tool issues. I went to the Adobe Exchange Forum and asked for help. Apparently I was not alone as someone quickly posted and told me to do: Edit > Preset Manager > Done. When you read what Preset Manager does, there is no relation between that function and my problem but, guess what, it immediately fixed it.
Who knows...

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
6 posts Page 1 of 1