Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm so frustrated right now...when I create a new document in PSE 3, I cannot align the corner of my new document with the 0,0 point on the rulers. I have positioned the pointer where the horizontal and vertical rulers meet, have gotten the crosshairs, and have put them where the zero origin point should be set and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? My document (8.5 inches wide) sits between 5.5 through 0 and ends at the 3 inch mark. When I go to Edit>Preferences, everything seems ok there. I thought I was starting to understand how to use Elements and now I feel like I'm back to square 1.
If I understand you correctly, your ruler is not set to 0. Am I correct? If so you should be able to double click in the corner of the ruler to reset it to 0
Smiles, my new document still comes up at the zero point on a number that's on the left side of zero, exactly 3.5 inches away. When I hover my cursor over the zero, the dotted line that moves along the horizontal axis shows as being 3.5 inches away. Then when I take my document and move it all the way to the right of the workspace, it stops at the farthest point and "slides" back until it then goes to zero. It's like the document stops if it can't go any further, but the horizontal ruler continues to slide over until the document and the zero point are aligned. I'm trying to explain myself as best I can, or is this explanation confusing? I eventually can get my document lined up right, but it won't do it automatically. Do I have some kind of tab on, or an incorrect setting somewhere?
I still agree with Smiles .... a double click in the square box at the top left corner (with the dotted lines) should 'zeroise' the ruler.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I have repeatedly tried that with the same results as I described in my last post. But thanks to all who are trying to help me out!
This might be the same info as already given up take a look at the tip on this page

http://books.google.com/books?id=Gr39rf ... t&resnum=1
I've been dabbling with this and found that, whatever the ruler settings are on a picture, they 'zeroise' if the file is closed and reopened.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I played with it again and still the same thing...I must have at one point have put the zeroize to a number other than 0 and even double clicking on the left corner does not result in the rulers being put back to their original position.Also, closing and reopening a document doesn't appear to correct the problem. I must have a glitch or something in the program....thanks to all for trying!
Try looking in the preferences and see what the ruler is set at.
Hello, when I look under preferences>units and rulers, my ruler is set at inches; type:points; print sizes in inches; column size width: 180.7 points; gutter 12 points; print resolution 300 pixels/inch; screen resolution at 72 pix/inch. I confess I'm such a newbie that most of this doesn't tell me much; does it raise any red flags?
11 posts Page 1 of 2