Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Another question, I don't know if it is me being thick :doh: but when I open elements 7, then open a raw file, do some tweeks with it in camera raw then open the image in elements 7, none of my tools work in the file, I thought that this version would be able to work with raw files, have I done something wrong.

Donna
sorry folks, I think it must be that maybe my computer is too slow for it. They all work now. note to self must learn to be more patient. :oops:
Glad you got it worked out!
When you say "none of my tools work in the file", if that includes not being able to get layers and some of the filters not working, I'd be fairly certain that you're opening up the file from ACR in 16-bit. PSE just can't handle 16-bit files very well at all and most of the tools only work in 8-bit. You have a choice in ACR of bitdepth to use.

This is really one of the drawbacks of PSE, and even some freeware programs can handle 16-bit with no problem. (Full PS can handle most editing in 16-bit). On the other hand, almost no 'domestic' printers will work at anything higher than 8-bit anyway, so you're not missing much - just dont overdo the processing, particularly Levels or Curves in PSE, or you will get striation effects - visible stepping between slightly different tones.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
4 posts Page 1 of 1