Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Folks

This may be a silly question, but here goes. If you are sending picture through share, is there a way that you can add a description, under each photo, so that the recipient can see it.

Thanks
Donna
What do you mean by share?? Are you sending this right from the elements program??
Yes, Suzie from the share part of PSE7

Donna
I have never used that function but can't you put a caption on the photo from the organizer?? Don't use that either so not much help. Hopefully someone who uses that can come and help.
Did find this

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/articl ... 7&seqNum=7
and this on captions
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopEl ... -7f78.html
Thanks for the links Suzib.
This may or may not be of use to you - it can get so complicated it's hardly worth it!

You can put a caption* in one or multiple files via the "Process Multiple Files" facility (File menu) but there's a problem.

Now the odd thing is that you can add two things here.... a "Watermark" or a "Caption", but only the Watermark allows you to apply "Custom text" but that will be applied to all the files processed (not what you want I think). Meanwhile, what Elements calls a caption only allows Filename, Description and/or Date Modified. So to get individual captions on each picture, you have to modify the "Description", and that's done, picture by picture, in the File Info feature (File menu). You have to use the Caption box in File Info, not the "Caption Writer" (I've yet to work out how that works).

Best method (although long winded) is to copy the files you want to send into a folder of their own, open them all up and write individual captions in the File Info, save and close them. Then go to the Process Multiple Files tool.... you'll see how you have to select a folder rather than individual pictures.

If you think that's too much trouble, I wouldn't blame you a bit, but it's a method.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Under the "share" option in the organizer (PSE 6), there is an option called "photo mail". Try using that instead of "email attachments". In photo mail, you can choose the background and put a caption on each photo you want to share. It will also let you import your contacts you have on Outlook or Outlook Express, if that is what you use for your email account. I hope they haven't taken that option out of PSE 7. Let me know if that works for you. I use it all the time.

doricpride wrote: Hi Folks

This may be a silly question, but here goes. If you are sending picture through share, is there a way that you can add a description, under each photo, so that the recipient can see it.

Thanks
Donna
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
thanks swalkr, that is exactly what I wanted. I am so new to this package, but must admit I'm really enjoying working with it.

Donna. :woohoo:
p.s thanks Geoff, think you are right far too complicated for me.

Donna.
9 posts Page 1 of 1