Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
While lurking in another forum I belong to I came across this method of replacing a sky. Maybe you know about this but thought I would post anyway ....tip came from a Tom Bennet

image..drag a picture of sky on top. You should now have two images in your layers palette change blend mode to linear burn (at this point you are most likely saying "is she nuts this looks like cra oops terrible) now add graffi's layer mask and paint with black to remove the terrrible parts. If you don't have Graffi's mask here is a work around. With the background layer highlighted click on the adjustment layer button to make an adjustment layerdo nothing but click ok (the little half black and half white button) now highlight the sky layer and go to layer>group with previous, now back on the adjustment layer make sure the white box is highlighted, you will see a faint outline around it. paint with black till you get it the way you want. I also played with lowering the opacity on the brush is certain places. here is a before and after picture . also my sky is did not cover the whole area I wanted covered, so I just used the transform tools to make it larger. I did this quickly so is not the best, Hope this can be of help to someone

sky-before.jpg
sky-before.jpg (99.58 KiB) Viewed 1674 times

sky-after-2.jpg
sky-after-2.jpg (114.19 KiB) Viewed 1649 times
Good job Suzi. I would only have to say it looks like she is near some sort of factory, because the clouds appear to be coming from the ground. I think you would need to layer with a picture depicting a sky along the horizon or at least have clear blue near the horizon. It still works well though. With her Starbucks in one hand and her jacket, it gives the illusion of steam rising from some processing plant on a cold day.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
You are right, Gary. I just threw something together is give as an example. I guess I should do another one and do it right!!!! ok changed it, is this one better?
suzib wrote: You are right, Gary. I just threw something together is give as an example. I guess I should do another one and do it right!!!!

I wouldn't do that... I like it as it is.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
oops already did
5 posts Page 1 of 1