Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
hi
i have another problem, i bought a wacom bamboo fun to use with pse 7. when i am drawing with the pen and tablet i have noticed it doesnt draw to the actuall pixel size , eg 200 pixel round brush just in the centre of the circle, but yet when i use my mouse to draw it does it to the exact brush size iv allocated.
im hoping all this makes sense because i dont really know how to describe it except when drawing only with the pen and tablet it shows a circle with the cross hair line in the middle, so im not actually getting the true brush size i want.
hope someone can understand all that and help .. iv had a quick look in preferences and cannot find a solution there.
regards
diane
Welcome to the forum, Diane.
I use a wacom pen tablet, CS3 & PSE. My suggestion is based on my experience with learning curves for the pen tablet, as well as photoshop. If I were you, I would wait to use the bamboo until you are more comfortable with PSE, unless you are already accustomed to the pen tablet.
The learning curve for PSE & image editing alone is somewhat frustrating. Adding a pen tablet might make the whole process pretty discouraging.
Sounds as if you need to open the brushes options & turn off the pen pressure-control in the different settings
Good luck
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
hi
thankyou so much for your help , that makes perfect sense because i can now see when i do add pressure it fills up the circle area to that brush size. i now have to find how to take the pressure off ... as i cant find it in brush options on pse7 but will try and find brush options in the original wacom setup.
thanks once again
diane
also thanks for advice on taking one step at a time ! , i did used to use photoshop and a wacom pen and tablet at work many many years ago ... thought i could just throw myself into it all again! but of course software has become far more advanced now and i think i am trying to deal with too much all at the same time. will try and slow down a bit !
thanks so much
diane
Diane
I have PSE6, but probably PSE 7 is about the same. Please refer to this resource (page234) under smart erasing to see a graphic of a dialogue box for adjusting pen pressure using brush options.
http://books.google.com/books?id=r9xGhY ... q=&f=false

In PSE6 - on the brushes options bar - at the top of the editor window - is a small icon of a pen with a down arrow. Press the down arrow to see the dialogue box. The pen icon is next to the brush icon.

Hopefully, the PSE7 brushes options icons are similar.
Betty
hi
thanks for your help, iv managed to find the options bar, but realised this only shows up in brush mode and not pencil mode. So im having to change each brush i select its opacity, hardness, etc before i can use it, but at least im managing to create what i need.
thanks so much for your help , its really appreciated.
diane
Diane, good news that things are working out for you.
We look forward to your participating in some of the activities on the forum.
Betty
7 posts Page 1 of 1