Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I am a new user to photoshop and I was wonderning how i can change the tones of a picture to sepia or black and white? Once I make this change am I able to change it back to its original colour?

Thanks!
There is an adjustment available called "black & white". It's easy to use.
It would be best to check the help section of the software to see the exact steps used within your program.
The dialogue box of the "black & white" adjustment provides an option to create tinted images, including sepia.

A google search can provide many tutorials. Example of a search might be: " photoshop black & white"; --or "photoshop elements black & white". Youtube also has many photoshop tutorials.

Before you begin editing, it is a good practice to make a duplicate copy of your original photo to keep. Then edit the copy.

Good Luck
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Welcome to the forum!
Of course, you can change the tone of an image!
Your second question is very important: how to make changes and edits and still be able to revert to the original.

You'll discover there are often many ways to achieve an effect in Photoshop or Elements (please state which version you are using)

Try this if you are using Elements:
- Menu enhance/adjust color/remove color. You are in black in white.
- or Menu/enhance/convert to black and white
- or Menu/enhance/adjust color/ adjust hue/saturation and move saturation slider left to zero.

Here is a way to add a sepia tone: menu filter/adjustments/photo filter and choose sepia and play with the opacity slider.

There are many ways to convert to black and white which have been covered in the first editions of our newsletter, and if you do a search on "conversion to black and white' you'll find a lot of possibilities.

What is important in any editing process is to be able to go back to the original even if you save your edits. This is possible if:
- you use the more advanced tools like layers, adjustment layers
- and save your file in a format like *.psd or *.tiff to save your layers. This is not possible if you save in jpeg format.

Try this and tell us about your results!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I posted black and white instructions for one of our homework assignments a few months back.
It is my own recipe and you will find, there are lots of ways to do the same thing in the software.
But do take a look, you may find it helpful. If you have any questions just post them in the thread. :thumbsup:

kimi's Kreative homework #67

And sorry guys.... just to busy to start with more.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1