Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Starting in the Organizer, when I select on certain pictures, when I right click and select "go to quick edit" (or full edit") the Editor program opens but the picture won't load. Any idea what would cause this? The picture is properly "cataloged" as far as the organizer is concerned but still it won't load into the editor. For some pictures, I have no problems going to the editor with the picture loaded but with others I am having issues.
Just a quick thought. Are all the photos the same type? You may want to check to see that they have the same extension that the files that do work in editor are.

What PSE are you using?
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
I had a similar problem when I first tried to load RAW (Nikon .nef) files. I didn't have the current Camera Raw plug in and it couldn't read the file.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
jenclark wrote: Just a quick thought. Are all the photos the same type? You may want to check to see that they have the same extension that the files that do work in editor are.

What PSE are you using?

Yes they are all the same format and I didn't have this issue yesterday working with the SAME pictures. I am using PSE 5.
have you tried resetting your preferences, I don't know if that will help. I don't used the organzier at all. Someone with more knowledge we will along soon.
Try this one. Open organizer and recover.

File/catalog/recover. It takes a minute but that should fix a multitude of issues, it does for me. Excuse me if this is a repeat post, I sent it earlier but don't see it now.

I'm not home but will check later tonight to make sure I have given you the right steps.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
6 posts Page 1 of 1