Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I wonder if anybody can help me please.i hear talk on the forum about people deleting the pref file from pse5 because of elements crashing,i wondered what it was and weather it comes back when pse is used again and you have to keep deleting it.also how do you go about deleting it should the need arise thanks
Jon
Good Morning Jon! With your editor screen open, click on file, preferences is at the bottom, click on the preferences, you will see all the options that you can change here. Setting your preferences can be a time saver. As far as deleting them, I have had to do it several times, and have had no problems. Hope this helps. :)
Good Morning smiles,wish it was morning here,its dark and 3.30 in the afternoon here. thankyou for your help does it cause any problems if i have to delete them?
Jon
Jon, if you delete them, it rests sets them to default settings. No, it doesn't hurt anything. It's 10:37 am here, wow what a difference! :)
Smiles, thankyou for reasuring me.you in the states then?
Yep, in the sates Jon! Glad I could help you! :D
Just a quick note on organizer Jon, after you delete files do a recover. I'm not at home now but will post again with the instructions on how to do this. It solves a multitude of problems or it has at least for me.

I know it's listed under file/catalog/recover I think
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
jen,thankyou very much file/cat/recover even speeded up the program i guess its a bit like de-fragin your pc
many thanks.
Jon
8 posts Page 1 of 1