Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
We have 3 posts added to this Beginners Forum

When I try to open the post to delete it, my virus protection tells me that to proceed to open the link is "dangerous to my computer". I can't figure out how to delete the post without opening it.

Anybody know how?

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I just deleted the 3 posts (you had already banned this user). I would never have clicked on the link in the posts, even trusting wy Norton antivirus.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Rusty,

Might depend on what anti-virus software you are running. Sounds a little like yours is detecting threatening links and warning you not to go there. I suspect that you can safely open the post, just be warned by your AVS that there is the potential on this page for problems - IF you pursue the links.

Sounds new, although there have been similar developments with Google search results and I believe AVG software for warning about suspected "bad" sites.

Please post the name of your AVS - sounds interesting.
John
Yes, that's exactly it, John, apparently detecting a potential problem.
I have Norton Internet Security 2009.

My fear, when I saw that pop up, was that maybe the post could somehow "take me" to a linked site without any action on my part other than opening the post. I guess that's being silly.

Anyway, thanks to Michel, the three posts have been deleted.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: Yes, that's exactly it, John, apparently detecting a potential problem.
I have Norton Internet Security 2009.

My fear, when I saw that pop up, was that maybe the post could somehow "take me" to a linked site without any action on my part other than opening the post. I guess that's being silly.

Anyway, thanks to Michel, the three posts have been deleted.

Rusty

Oh, I wouldn't say that is silly. Those hackers can be pretty darn clever and are coming up with new tricks all the time. It's good to be wary.

Courtney
I agree with Courtney - not silly at all.

If I know the site I might click on it, but if I didn't and was doing a search and got this warning, I would not click at all, ever.
John
6 posts Page 1 of 1