Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
16 posts Page 1 of 2
How are you guys making the bubbles and snowglobes look so real? Is there a tutorial? If not maybe someone would be so kind to walk me through making a bubble? They are so cool looking!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I used the one from Panos...cheat I know but easy and easily adjustable
I love Panos snow globe! (http://www.panosfx.com)

Also Wendy did a tutorial and had a globe action in the scrapping section of the subscriber area at PET.
I too love Panos' snowglobe. I have some others too that I have no idea where I got them.

Now I have to go back to PET, I forgot to download the scrapping tuts. :o

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I have all the written tutorials saved as PDF's. I have Acrobat distiller so I just clicked on my print screen icon and then chose that as my option to "print".

There are a few videos in the scrapping section too - will have to double check my other list to see if they were included in the master direct download list.

ETA - just checked it doesn't look like they were included unless they were named something totally different. Three of them were by Linda Sattgast back when she was still affliated with PET.
I'll have to see if I can do that. I usually just open it and click save as and save it as a .mht file.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks! That is the first thing on my list tomorrow after I get the laundry started.

I've seen so many wonderful things to do to photos. The problem I'm running into is finding the perfect photo for that "effect".

Is this the same way that Denise created the bubble on her Mommy and me website?
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I think this is what you are looking for Julie.

http://myphotosoft.com/creative/winter-dream.html
There is also the globe you can use from the PET newsletter extras from Nancy's tut. The globe is already made for you.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
suzi and Kim,
Thank you both for the info. After looking at Kim's url I think that might be it.

I'm going to try and work with it later on but I stayed in bed longer than I should have because of a headache and it's now noon and I have to get some stuff done around here before I can play. Hubby is going to be gone all day tomorrow to Kentucky and it's going to be raining here pretty bad so I think that will be a perfect time for me to stay home and play.

Thanks again!
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
16 posts Page 1 of 2