A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks,
I don't know if it's a Design Feature in PSE 6, a bug, or a case of User Ignorance, but, when I make a selection and try to move it by using the arrows, nothing happens. All I can do is drag the selection. This happens with every circumstance I can think up.

Please tell me this is caused by a BK&C* malfunction.

Steve

*Between Keyboard and Chair
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Steve,

I do not have an answer to your problem, but I sure got a good chuckle out of BK&C!!!

Thanks for the laugh :D :mrgreen:
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Steve, I can't answer the question either but like Charles I got a laugh out of BK&C. Have you checked the preferences and keyboard shortcut settings?

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Steve,
it does seem to be a bug. Try using Control T instead of the move tool, it works for me.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Do you want to to move the content of a selection in its own layer? It does work for me with the move tool (shortcut V) as well as Ctrl T?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. This morning everything works as usual, the arrows will move anything anywhere, just like before. Ctrl+T works, too. I didn't try that last night, but I suspect I would have had the same result as the arrows.

I have diagnosed this as an obvious case of Idiopathic Anomalous Arrow Traction Dysfunctional Pathology. Or something.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve
Steve, so glad it is working again.

I love reading your post. You always have something humorous to say and make my day.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Steve, you are a case, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Hello Kim and Don D,
Thanks for the nice words. Playing with PSE6 makes me a "case" now and then, but I get by with a little help from my friends :mrgreen:

Steve
9 posts Page 1 of 1