A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm learning every day the new stuff in 6.0. Now I've come across a problem I can't figure out. In 4.0, I was always able to use the move tool to move text around. Somehow that doesn't seem to work in 6.0. Program help is "no help". I'm on the correct layer, but when I double click on the text, it highlights it, but I still can't move it around. I'll be glad when Scott Kelby's book comes out in March - I've pre-ordered it on Amazon. In the meantime, I'm stumbling through.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
make sure you have clicked on your transform tool, the one at the top, then you should be able to move it.
I tried the transform tool and that didn't work either. Here's a quirky thing that worked for me. I ctrl+clicked on the text layer (selecting the text) and was able to move it that way. Didn't work that way in 4.0, but the bottom line is, I got it moved.

suzib wrote: make sure you have clicked on your transform tool, the one at the top, then you should be able to move it.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Suzanne, try this..with the bounding box visible around the text have the arrow shaped cursor below the bounding box, left click mouse button and hold and move it in whatever direction you want to go..also try usng the arrow keys on the right of your keyboard. see if that works. That is how it works in 5.0.

IMG_4966.jpg
IMG_4966.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 1644 times

So far all I can find on it is this link which is similar to what I suggested above

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopEl ... -7fec.html
I can't even get a bounding box to appear. I finally got it to move by selecting the text and moving it, and if I put my cursor outside the realm of the text, it turns into the move tool. If I leave it outside the text, I can move it that way. Whatever, I did get the darned stuff moved, but it was very frustrating.

suzib wrote: Suzanne, try this..with the bounding box visible around the text have the arrow shaped cursor below the bounding box, left click mouse button and hold and move it in whatever direction you want to go..also try usng the arrow keys on the right of your keyboard. see if that works. That is how it works in 5.0.

IMG_4966.jpg

So far all I can find on it is this link which is similar to what I suggested above

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PhotoshopEl ... -7fec.html
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

5 posts Page 1 of 1