A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Page 25, "Turning the page on curls" is the tutorial. In step one, it says to create a new layer above layer 1, which is transparent. Then it says "Fill new layer with white by going to Edit>Fill Layer and choosing White from the User drop-down menu. Make sure Preserve Transparency is checked and click OK". When I do that, it doesn't fill the layer with anything. The photos in the magazine show the two layers, bottom one transparent and the top one filled with white.

Do you think there is a typo, maybe Suzanne Hillyer (the author) meant, "Make sure "Preserve Transparency is UNchecked? Anyone try that tut yet?
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
The author of the tut answered me on the other forum. She said it was edited after she submitted it. That statement was not on her original submission. So if you have that issue, cross out the sentence that asks you to check the "preserve transparency" box, under step one. It needs to be unchecked (which is the default).
You beat me to it over here, Suzanne. I was just going through my disks to find my original tutorial. No--I didn't write that. Thanks for clarifying it for everyone. I hadn't even noticed the edit because I just received my newsletter today and I was still trying to get over the fact that they cut it short. :shock: Again, if you need any other help, just let me know.
3 posts Page 1 of 1