A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I was used to the tool bar along the top of the editing screen in 4.0 (especially the "save" button). I'm wondering if there is no option to show that tool bar in 6.0. I went under preferences and didn't see anything there that looked applicable. Any help will be greatly appreciated. (Thanks to Kev for letting me know about the undo/redo button on the right of the editing screen. Didn't see that right off.)
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
I am not sure how different 6 is vs 5 but look under the window tab and see if you have a tools button, try that. Hopefullly some 6 users will be here soon
Under the window tab, "tools" is checked. When I unchecked it to see what would happen, all the Elements tools on the left side disappeared, so I put the check mark on again.

suzib wrote: I am not sure how different 6 is vs 5 but look under the window tab and see if you have a tools button, try that. Hopefullly some 6 users will be here soon
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
What tools are you looking for..need to know so I can keep digging for an answer.
You can drag and move the tools palette in PSE6 (click at the top and drag). I don't think you can change its shape and customize it. The best way would be to memorize the shortcuts?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I'm talking about the tool bar across the top of the editing screen, as it was in 4.0. Here is a screen shot of 4.0. It's the tool bar that has "new, open,save, print, etc".

Edit:

This is the screen shot for 6.0. The tool bar at the top of the editing screen is not there as it was in 4.0. Hope this makes it a little clearer what I am talking about.

Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

suzanne, I don't think 6.0 has that, I know 5.0 does not have at least 4 of the ones your screenshot shows for 4.0
No, there is no such toolbar in PSE6, but...
You'll miss only 4 icons, and I suggest to use the usual shortcuts:
- Ctrl N (new...)
- Ctrl P (print)
- Ctrl S (Save)
- Ctrl O (Open)

The Undo/redo is back there, even though I never use it (I use the History palette).
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thanks everyone. At least now I know there is no NPSO to search for. Thanks Michael for the shortcuts.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

9 posts Page 1 of 1