A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a question. any of you who use this software, do you use it before you do any other editing or after??
Suzi, I use Noiseware from Imagonics, the free standalone version. I use before any editing and then again after if need be. I have the Neatimage plug-in but don't use it much.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
suzib wrote: I have a question. any of you who use this software, do you use it before you do any other editing or after??

I have Neat Image, but many consider Noise Ninja, Noiseware ... as very good alternatives. They are better than the built-in tools in Elements or Photoshop (which are not bad).
A few things to keep in mind with noise reduction:
- it is always a compromise between keeping details and not getting a 'plastic' look
- If there is noise at first, heavy processing will increase it dramatically, so the general consent is to run noise reduction first
- But it depends on the image. Noise is more visible in darker parts (no so with scans...) and you expect some parts to be clean (sky, car paint..), others should keep texture (skin...). That's why you may want to apply noise reduction selectively with masking.
- and it is generally best to do noise reduction on a copy in a new layer, to be able to reduce the opacity and add a mask.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thank you both for your answers to my question. It was very helpful
4 posts Page 1 of 1