A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
How do you create the look of leather??
What I would do is find a leather texture and use that. The easy way, :thumbsup:
And ..... the easiest way to find leather texture is to use your scanner.

Rusty :D
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Ok. Got you! I thought maybe PSE 6 would have a leather texture but so far not finding it...if I scan it in do I change the color to B/W and lay my paper underneath???
There are several ways to do it, Terri,

If you want to use the filter routine, Filter>Texture>Texturizer, then it doesn't matter whether you have color in the image or not. The texture is *color neutral*. All you do is save your texture file as a PSD-file.

texture.jpg
texture.jpg (80.11 KiB) Viewed 1324 times

Then, after you get into the filter routine, click the little right-arrow as indicated, and navigate to your texture file.

The other way is to use a Jpeg-file overlay with blend modes. You can get some interesting results with a colored image; try it both ways. I'm not going to try to explain. Get into the "Challenge Yourself" section of the forum and look at Kimi's last two or three *Homework Assignments*. You will quickly become an expert. :biggrin:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I've tried scanning in leather...applied it over the paper then tried to change the blend mode to overlay...also tried soft light...I'm still not seeing the texture...what am I doing wrong? The paper I'm using is pretty dark brown.
Hey Rusty! Thanks for the input...I'll check the Challenge out!! I did as you said..I did load it into my texture file...so far I can't see it...maybe it's just hard to see it on such a dark color...I also had tried the blend modes but had taken the color out of my leather...I'm going to play some more!! :wave:
7 posts Page 1 of 1