A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
One common question with Elements is how to record editing steps.
An obvious answer is using the layers palette. I am fond of this method, and I try to document each edit in the layers palette via an explicit layer title. I even create blank layers with visibility toggled off to record each step and the various settings. Whenever possible, I use an adjustment layer instead of a command: inverse, threshold... When I have to stamp visible, I keep the components with visibility turned off with a step order number.

But up to now, I found I was limited by the width of the palette title (cannot be changed in PSE6...)
Except I was stupid. Now, I have taken my layers palette off the palettes bin, and I can have a wide palette where I can record all my settings...

I am pretty sure now most edits can be recorded this way, and you can make a screenshot of the layers palette and save it, which is ideal for recording all the steps, showing it on the web, or saving with your final edited version instead of saving a huge PSD file!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thanks Michel, that is a good tip.
What a great idea. I use layers for as much as I can, but I've never been very good at documenting.....I'll have to start doing that, particularly on pictures that I'm really working on rather than just playing with. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
3 posts Page 1 of 1