A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know if these actions will work with PSE 6?

http://www.visual-blast.com/photosho...oshop-actions/

Or these?

http://www.liknes.no/photoshop/
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Your first link is not working. the second one, the actions are real old and I think made for elements 2 or 3.
What I do Suzanne is download them and try them. Actions for elements 6 have to have a png file to go with them. There is a thread here somwhere on how to make them and install into elements 6. I will try to find it tomorrow. I think Graffi also says how to make them on his site.
I have the Add-O-Matic. Would that work for those?

Edit: Try this link (same as first one above, but repaired)

http://www.visual-blast.com/photoshop/1 ... p-actions/
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
From my understanding it will but you still have to make the png's. E-mail Graffi and he will tell you how to do this. I know he did with another member who was using his add-o-matic

here is a link telling you how to load actions into elements 6

http://www.flickr.com/groups/pse/discus ... 877727365/
Thank you so much. I already had Add-O-Matic, so I tried it with Panos actions for PSE 6 and it worked, but you are right, there are no thumbnails, just descriptions. Thanks again for your help.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

You are most welcome, Suzanne
Annoying not to have thumbnails for the Effects Palette - but they're easy enough to make, even if it's just a text description. Make a small image, 64 x 64 pixels, save with exactly the same name as the Action (.atn) file that it should work with (and in the same folder as the Action) as a PNG (if you're on PSE6), or as a PSD if you have an earlier version.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Just realised I answered, "how to make your own thumbnails for Actions", but that may not have been the question! Actions for PSE, up until version 5, usually came as a pair of files - one .atn file and one .psd file. Both of them go in the Photo Effects or equivalent in each version, with the .atn doing the 'work' and the .psd making a user-friendly thumbnail/icon for that action so that you can see the Action you want in the Palette. But PSE6 (for some reason) wants a .png file as the thumbnail and not the .psd file - psd files will just not be visible.

The easy solution is to simply open the psd file of any new Actions (<b>and</b> of any previous Actions copied over during the upgrade to PSE6) and "Save As..." .png files. Same size, same filename. (It is not sufficient, I believe, to just change the suffix to png).

Now you will have the old psd files <i>and</i> the new png files together in the same folder. Just delete the psd files (or, for those of a nervous disposition, move all the psd files to a new folder).

Restart PSE6 (use Shift-click on the "Edit" button on the startup screen and keep the Shift button down until PSE is fully loaded - this will rebuild the database of 'extras').
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Hi, I have a sort-of related question to your discussion. I loaded my actions and created the PNG files and loaded them all the way I was supposed to. (By the way, I have PSE 6 for Mac) and I can see the thumbnails in the effects pallette, and I tried to work one of them on a custom shape, and it seemed to be doing a lot of work, but when it finished, all it left me was a new file with just a blank transparent layer. Do you happen to know why this action might not have worked? Any clue on what I can do to use it in PSE 6? These same actions worked perfectly in 4.0.

Thanks for any insight.
Erin
Erin,
Fist, welcome in this forum!
Not sure I can help you, but here are my thoughts about it:
- If you have already installed other actions successfully, it could be that there is a difference between PSE4 and PSE6... but I doubt it.
- Actions with custom shapes may be tricky. Some may not work if the background is not already transformed into a normal layer.
Can you tell which actions you are playing? Maybe other Mac users could help you?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
11 posts Page 1 of 2