A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Well - I don't understand this. I can print on my HP 3210 printer just fine from PSE5. BUT - all of a sudden, the printing from PSE 6 is not working right. I have been getting a message that says " Some postscript specific settings ( interpolation, calibration, encoding) will be ignored since you are printing to a non-postscript printer."
When I click ok on the message, only 2/3's of the photo prints even though the whole thing is showing in the PSE6 preview.
I am printing to a non-postscript printer?? HUH??? What is a postscript printer? and why does PSE5 like my printer and PSE 6 doesn't?

I suspect that my PSE6 and my printer are not communicating right but I have no idea how to fix it. Could some kind person help me please?

Thanks in advance! Andie
Unless you move, where you are right now is where you will always be!

Andie
Visit Andie's Webshots Gallery
Visit Andie's PrestoPhoto Gallery
Andie,
You may have a driver problem. If you go to the HP customer support site, you can check to make sure your printer driver is up to date. Then download the latest driver from HP. Hope this helps.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Andie, I hope you get it worked out. I get that message occassionally with CS3 but when I click OK the print screen closes. I open it again and set my printer preferences again and it prints fine. I hope someone answers your question, I would like to know too.

Edit: I didn't see Chas's post. I have a Canon printer with up to date drivers and still get that message sometimes.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Could also be a compatibility issue between the printer and Vista (if you're running Vista).
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I have a CANON i9900, PSE4, PSE5 and CS3.

Ran into the same message when I started printing in CS3, could not find out how to get rid of it or deal with the problem other than telling CS3 to stop telling me about it.

Never had any problems with my prints - other than the dumb message.

Given the common ancestry of Elements and CS they obviously have the same code.

Don't know what to suggest.
John
I tried downloading a new driver ( I have XP - BTW - so it isn't a Vista problem) and it didn't change anything.

I think I need to ask Adobe but what is the best way to get help from them, do you think? :help:

Andie
Unless you move, where you are right now is where you will always be!

Andie
Visit Andie's Webshots Gallery
Visit Andie's PrestoPhoto Gallery
Andie, the best way to contact Adobe is phone. They take forever to reply to e-mail

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
7 posts Page 1 of 1