A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm a long time user of Elements and started using CS3 about a month ago and I love using both. I debated about using the PSE Organizer or Bridge to manage my photos. I've made myself try Bridge but I much prefer the Organizer. I'd like to use only the Organizer to manage photos and choose PSE6 or CS3 to edit the photos. The problem is that when you open a photo to edit in CS3 with the PSE6 Organizer, it automatically creates a Version Set with the photo. :help:

Does anyone know if it is possible to stop the PSE6 Organizer from creating a Version Set automatically if you open a photo to edit in CS3 (through Organizer)?
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
Amy... I am having a similar issue. I don't like bridge. I am going to give Light Room a try but I love the organizer!! I have started shooting in raw and need to make a change. There is a place to check about version set. I just don't remember where it is. I will try and find it.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
when I go to save in Elements. I have save as version set, unchecked. Try that!
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Hi Kimi,

There is a place to turn off Version Sets in CS3 in Preferences, but I couldn't find one in Elements. And, the problem is that the Organizer is creating the Version Set. (NOTE: It creates the Version Set even before you edit or save the photo, i.e. even if you close the photo within CS3 without making any changes, the Version Set shows up in Organizer.) I'm not ready for Camera Raw and not sure if I ever will be. Lightroom is kind of expensive so I'm trying to keep things within software that I already have. But, do let me know what you think of Lightroom. :bigwink:
Amy

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
when you save an image in Elements it is going into the organizer. When the save dialog box comes up.
Is save as version set checked? I have mine unchecked and I have no sets.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I guess I'm not explaining it clearly. I know what you mean about the Version Set box when you save an image. But It creates the Version Set even before you edit or save the photo, i.e. even if you close the photo within CS3 without making any changes, the Version Set shows up in Organizer.

Here's the process -- I select (highlight) an image in Organizer that I want to edit in CS3. (For purposes of this example, let's say the filename of the photo I selected is Photo01.jpg) I hit CTRL-H to open it in CS3. It then opens in CS3 but the name has already changed to Photo01-edited.jpg. And, even if I just close it without editing (you don't get the Save dialog because you haven't done anything to the photo) when I return to the Organizer there is now a Version Set with Photo01-edited.jpg and Photo01.jpg.
Amy

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
Just getting this back up to the top of the active list to see if anybody has any ideas!
Amy

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
Got an answer from Trish on the Scrapper's Guide Forum....

If you simply drag and drop from the PSE6 Organizer into CS3 instead of using CTRL+H to open in Photoshop, a version set is not created nor is the file renamed.

:woohoo:
Amy

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
Thanks, Amy, this was making me mad, too. There are many more times that I open an image and close it without editing than when I forget to save as a copy, so I had lots of those copies in there if I didn't go through the extra step of saving under the original name. You have saved my hair!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
9 posts Page 1 of 1