A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I tried to save several creations by: Save as PSD. When I went to call them up later it was saved as a different file that I can't open & instead of creation picture thumbnail it is a white rectangle in the place of it. Any ideas of what is happening?
Thanks
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Christell,
It could be the file name. Can you post the complete file name here, please?

Juergen
Hi Juergen,
I usually don't have problems saving as PSD but there have been a few times looking back in my folder when it has done this.
Example: I named it Template horiz.Chicot
When I point to the white rectangle where it is saved it shows in box that pops up under: TYPE: CHICOT File.

When I try to open it back in Elements it says it can't open because it's the wrong type of file.
What do you think?
Christell
Christell's Creations

Yes, it is the file name. You have a period in it and PSE cannot recognize the file format. You should rename the file to something like Template_horiz_Chicot.psd. It should open just fine.

Juergen
Thanks so much for your quick reply. I will have to remember about that period.
Thanks again,
Christell
Christell's Creations

It's always been a standard computer rule that certain punctuation cannot be used in a file name. The puzzling thing is the PSE allows you to save a file with a (second) period in the name. I think most other software just refuses to save a file with a 'bad' filename. I wonder if Adobe have forgotten some basic computer rules (for PC, at least).
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
It is puzzling that PSE lets you save it that way & then can't open the file once you save it. Adobe must have let this one slip by.
Thanks,
Christell
Christell's Creations

7 posts Page 1 of 1