A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
23 posts Page 1 of 3
Can some guide me in making a deckle frame?
Terry, I would love to help. I used to have a tut bookmarked but since the computer issue, no more bookmarks. Hopefully someone else has it has it bookmarked as many at EV were asking about deckle frames for a while. If I come across it I will post. I think there is an action for it too.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote: Terry, I would love to help. I used to have a tut bookmarked but since the computer issue, no more bookmarks. Hopefully someone else has it has it bookmarked as many at EV were asking about deckle frames for a while. If I come across it I will post. I think there is an action for it too.

Hi there!!

Thank you...Yes, If you come across your tutorial please let me know...I wondered if there was an action out there. I would have thought so!!!
:thanks:
Terri.. can you post a link to the look you are after?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
ok, I have to ask, what is a deckle frame???? :oops:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
A deckle frame looks like an old photo from the 60's or 70's or older with the white / off white border and the edging is kind of wavy, you know, not a straight edge.

I don't have an action but what I have is a custom shape and I believe Wendy (at PET/EV) made it last year and I think she has it in the downloads on PET so you have to be a subscriber to get it. The custom shape name is W's parchment and deckle edges or something like that.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Kim for the explaination, I will look at my file and see if I have anything of the sort. Sounds like something I could use too. I will look.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny, thanks for the link, I had forgotten the deckle edge could be done directly to the photo edge without the white border.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I was just reading about Deckle Edges over on the scrappersguide forum. They referred us to a link:
http://www.scrappersguide.com/tip_lindas_07_08_27.html

san
23 posts Page 1 of 3