A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I've downloaded a style...a candle flame from Adobe Exchange and installed it in my Presets...styles..so far it's not showing up..Can't figure what I'm doing wrong..it's an asl. file..
Is your operating windows xp or vista???
Windows XP This is the link...http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i ... id=1043485 It's not a big deal...I was trying to get a candle flame look like it was burning...
deleted post
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Did you delete your MediaDatabase.db3 file from here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\en_US? You might want to rename it old or something rather than just deleting it (I just delete, though). That should rebuild things for you so it will show up.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Here you go for the install part

C: Documents & Setting\All Users|Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\ en-US or your own locale\Photo Creations\Layer Styles

They will then appear under Show All. To get them to appear in their own category you have to write an xml file for them.
Ok..I did as Sunny suggested...it rebuilt..Suzi... I put it in that file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\en_US\Photo Creations\layer styles.

Still not finding it...it should be in alphabetical order...I've looked under layer styles and everything...not showing up.

Ok...any thoughts on how to make a flame look really yellow and glowing??? :thanks:
To see it, I think you have to click on show-all. Try using the burn tool, see if that will darken it, you could also try painting with a color, maybe
also select the flame put on it's own layer use the Hue and Sat adjustment on it and maybe apply an outer glow style
Hi Suzie..I'm not going to worry about it...I'll figure it out..I think...Yes I went on Show All....I'm going to try what you suggested!

Thanks!
9 posts Page 1 of 1