A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I know ... I'm a stranger around here lately! I dash in and read, when I can, but haven't had time to chat lately.

Anyway ... I have a brand new iMac and finally got Elements 6.0 (as well as PS CS3!). It was such a good deal with my educational discount that I couldn't pass up getting both. In Elements, though, I'm having a problem. I can't Save for Web. It's not grayed out, but when I click on it, nothing at all happens. I don't get the save for web screen or anything else.

I did install the program using the administrative account, and am running it on my personal account. I had trouble, initially, with the effects pallet not showing up, but made some recommended changes, and that's working fine. But still no Save for Web.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Oh, I already deleted the prefs file for save for web and let the program restart and recreate it. No good.
Could you provide a few details -

Elements or CS3?

Operating System?

And a question. Have you tried it out on your administrator account?
John
I had an idea that it might be that you're processing a 16-bit file so I gave it a try myself....... the Save for Web dialog did eventually open but it took several seconds. If you were doing the same perhaps yours just didn't want to open at all.

I checked out the Adobe knowledge base on "Save for Web" and there was nothing there about a problem with opening.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I lot of things will be grayed out in 6 on a mac if you don't log in under the admin account. There's been lots of discussion re this on the other forum.
Geoff, thanks ... I'm not at home right now, but when I get there I'll take another look, to see if the file was 16-bit. And I'll give it longer to open.

John, Elements 6.0 on OSX 10.5 Leopard. The Save for Web in CS3 works fine, which I find strange.

Linda, yes, I did some changes to the permissions, and I no longer have anything grayed out when running on a non-administrative account. Even Save for Web isn't grayed out. It just doesn't open the dialogue box when I click on it.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. If anyone else has an idea, I'm still trying! (And will consider Geoff's idea when I get home today.)
5 posts Page 1 of 1