A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
41 posts Page 3 of 5
The mystery continues.......
I believe I am still using the old camera raw file. The raw screen is definitely NOT the new camera raw file. The old camera raw file was moved to the desktop. The new camera raw file is in the plug-ins folder under file formats. I verified this by right clicking and checking properties....yep-version 4.3.029. So what should I do with the old camera raw file? Also, there was a DNG converter file ....Should I leave it be?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Don't you love it when things that should work, don't/

You said that when you right click it, it says 4.3.029?

I assume this is from WIndows Explorer. What does Elements say.

Start up the Editor, in the Menus Bar, click on Help, then About Plug-in. You should see a large list with all the Elements plug in modules, near the top should be a single Camera Raw ...

Click on and see what it says.

If it isn't 4.3, you may need to rebuild your preferences - start elements and quiclky press Ctrl+Alt+Shift and it will rebuild everything for Editor, then when you do the Help, About Plug-in it should say 4.3
John
John,
I'll give it all a try.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
The next chapter in the ACR 4.3 saga.....
I checked the ACR version before and after rebuilding my preferences but to no avail. The version still says 3.5
Looks like my copy of PSE5 has a strangle-hold on ACR 3.5. Is it time to drop back 15 and punt?.... :mrgreen:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, could you post a screen shot of your plug-in folder? Something ain't right here - and we're not giving up! :)
Can you folks stand a success story? Just sit back and put on your evening slippers.... :)
I went and removed the ACR 3.5 file from PSE5. The previously extracted 4,3 got deleted when I rebuilt my preferences. So I went to the original zip file and extracted it again to the proper file in PSE5 and lo and behold the dern thing works like a champ. The new interface is way cool too. Thanks to everyone for their patience and help.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
YES!!! That's what I'm talking about!! Way to go, Chas! :D :lol:

I'm glad you think it was worth all the effort.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck,
There are some photos that a jpeg just doesn't do justice to. The extra tweaking you can accomplish by shooting RAW is well worth the effort.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
To quote one of my favorite quotes:

"God, I love it when a plan comes together!"
John
Now you'll be able to go to bed tonight and sleep rather than getting up half a dozen times to go try "just one more thing" to make it work.................. :D
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
41 posts Page 3 of 5