A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
41 posts Page 2 of 5
Chuck,
Thanks for the reply. I'm using PSE5 at the present time. I'll let y'all know how things turn out.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Things aren't going as expected. I was under the impression that jpegs could ebe edited using the ACR program.
This may be but I'm having one heck of a time trying to figure out how.... :?: The camera raw help with PSE5 doesn't mention this. It assumes I'm working with a raw file not a Jpeg. So how do I get the Camera Raw dialog box to appear?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Opening jpegs is the same in PSE4, 5 or 6
Menu:
\File\open as
In the dialog, you must choose at the bottom, in 'Open As', the third menu item 'Camera Raw...', not the 'photoshop' default type.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel,
I've followed your instructions and now I get an error message from Adobe that there is a program error and it can't open the file. Any ideas?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Since everything looks right, I have no idea... did you try to revert back to the previous version of ACR ?
Note : I'll be away next week, I may not be able to answer your posts but I think about it and try to find something!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
chas3stix wrote: I've followed your instructions and now I get an error message from Adobe that there is a program error and it can't open the file. Any ideas?
Chas - I have one thought and it's only because I've done this in the past. I've snagged a file directly from the zip folder before and then wondered why it didn't work...it was still compresssed. After you downloaded the zip file did you unzip it to a new folder or just take the file out of the zip folder? Rather than rename the old camera raw file, why not just move it out to your desktop, replace it with the new uncompressed file, reboot your computer and try again. Don't laugh because I suggested you reboot.....that can solve so many issues. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny,
I extracted the zip file using Winzip. The older version was ACR 3.1. I'll try your suggestion and put it on the desktop. I'll even try reverting back to the older version. Something is just not right. It's probably something small that I've overlooked. Thanks.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Michel,
I will try the things listed in the above post and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, if it's still not working, please post a screen shot of your plug-ins subfolder in detail view. Maybe that will help us troubleshoot the issue....
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Hi Chas,

I think the problem may be that you renamed the old camera raw.8bi file.

Either delete it or move it to another folder. Elements still sees it and I think it is most probable that you are still accessing the old version of ACR. You can check this out by doing a Help, About Plug-ins and click on the first Camera Raw - if I am right it will say 3.4 or whatever originally came with elements.
John
41 posts Page 2 of 5