A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
41 posts Page 1 of 5
New on Adobe's site:
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html
May interest Canon G9 owners...
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thinks Michel...have to see what version I have
Thanks Michel, I have it downloaded and will install later.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
Just how difficult is it to install ACR 4.3? Seems like there was a part of previous similar downloads where you had to rename the current file before installing the new one. Sounds complicated that's why I've never attempted it. Your thoughts....
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
As a matter of fact, you simply have to replace the old by the new one! Renaming or saving to another folder is just a safeguard, should something go wrong.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Michel,
Thanks for the explanation.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
I've ddownloaded and installed the new ACR 4.3 but it doesn't seem to work. I've renamed the older ACR file.They both reside in the same folder named my received files. I'm just wondering if this is the right folder for the ACR file to be in? Any help would be appreciated.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, please remind me which version of PSE you're using....?
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
You said in an earlier post you are using PSE5... I just tried it and it works, whereas in PSE4 a message indicates 'this plug-in is not compatible with this version of Elements'. (Latest compatible ACR 4.1).

To check the different steps:
1 - downloading in a given repertory (seems ok)
2 - unzipping the file to get the file 'Camera Raw.8BI'
3 - checking PSE5 is closed
4 - finding the right repertory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\Plug-Ins\ File format
There you locate the older 'Camera Raw.8bi' which you rename
5 - going back to the former folder where you unzipped the new file, copy and paste in the above location to replace the old one
6 - start PSE5 again.
7 - Use the same procedure as before to open a Raw file. For new users, you should use 'Open As', select 'Camera raw...' in the menu.
8 - The new ACR versions since 4.0 are a little longer to open a file, a little patience...

To check the ACR version, it's dated 13/11/2007, with 10202 bytes.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Michel,
Looks like I have the new Camera Raw file in the right place. All I have to do now is open a photo and see if it works. Thanks for your help.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
41 posts Page 1 of 5