A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Has anyone updated to ACR 4.5 and Adobe Standard camera profiles in PSE 6?

According to the Adobe Labs site the new Adobe Standard profiles will "compared to earlier profiles you should notice improved colors, particularly in warm tones (reds,oranges and yellows)"

I have updated to ACR 4.5 in PSE 6 and downloaded / installed the beta camera profiles.

Now under the Camera Profile tab I have ACR 4.2, ACR 4.4 and Adobe Standard Beta 1 to select from whilst the RAW editor window shows ACR 4.5 - Olympus E-300 (my camera).

Whilst there is no specific Camera Matching camera profile for Olympus by selecting Adobe Standard Beta 1 this will give me access to the "new/improved camera profiles". Is my understanding right?

Has anyone with a Canon or Nikon camera been able to use the Camera Matching camera profile for their specific camera? And if so what are your impressions?

Thanks
Dennis
Cheers
Dennis
http://www.prestophoto.com/aussieden
Olympus E-300, Zuiko 40-150mm,Zuiko 11-22mm
PSE 4 & ACR 4.1
Dennis, I have been holding off on the camera profile beta until someone has tried it. So, I am eally glad you asked this question because I would like to know too.
Dennis,
I have just installed the ACR 4.5 update and and the profiles. I have two Canons: G6 and 20D, and it gives me the same choices as the in-camera presets or in Canon's DDP raw software: faithful, landscapes etc.
I think there is an improvement in color, but I am now away from Paris and my laptop and local printer won't be very useful for significant color tests. Anyway this gives me much more flexibility.
I think you should not be afraid of the 'beta' restriction. Installation and use are simple.
Suzi, I think you should try it for your Canon camera.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel, I think I will. Is it hard to install???
So far I have not been impressed with any of the calibration profiles that I have tried, but I haven't tried them on wide range of photos yet. I have been leaving it set at the ACR 4.4 default for now.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I hadnt seen the goings on about Camera profiles until this thread, hunted them down and tried some of them out.

On some pictures - little difference, On some of my fall shots with leaf colours - WOW - problem is I dont have a visual reference as to what they should be, etc. More things to explore!
John
My feeling is, it all depends on the picture as to whether or not it makes an improvement. On the ones I tried, they seemed to make the pictures too bright and wash out the colors.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Does this update apply to PSE5 too? I shoot in RAW and have Nikon D80 :?
SUE'S PICS http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19799
PSE 7 & PE 3/Lightroom2.4/ Windows Vista Nikon D80 -1 in 4 is mentally unbalanced. Take a look at 3 close friends-if they seem OK-then you're the 1. My friends seem OK - I must be THE ONE
As far as I know it will work in elements 5 also
9 posts Page 1 of 1