A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Well, I tried this in the beginners Elements forum here without any takers so I'll try again here.

Can I move Albums from Picasa3 to Elements 6 without an advanced degree in computer science? :doh:
I'm guessing that, since this is an Elements/Photoshop forum, very few here use Picasa. Have you asked your question in a Picasa forum? What did you find out re your attempt to move from Picasa 2? Was that possible?
A thought......have you tried to export from Picasa? The only thing I use Picasa for is a repository for blog pictures.........sorry I can't be of more help.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I also have Picasa, though frankly I'm not sure why! It's another image catalog program that works in the background on your computer. It has no links to other programs, as far as I can see, and has not "Export" facility that you could use anyway. Organizer does the same thing, but only updates when it's in use. They're just two independent methods of tracking images.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
So are the Picasa files in an "independent file" that can be accessed? If I uninstall Picasa do I loose all my photo's stored there?
Check your preferences in Picasa to see where your files are stored. My guess is that they'll be in your "My Pictures" folder. I doubt very seriously if uninstalling Picasa will delete your pictures.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Yes, I think that's right....... it just displays thumbnails of your pictures purely for catalog purposes. In PSE Organizer you can remove pictures from the catalog and you have to make another confirmation that you also want it deleted from the disk - two different things. So I'd think Picasa does the same.
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
6 posts Page 1 of 1