A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I had a keyword tag called "Miscellaneous". Somehow (gremlins?) it got moved and now resides as a sub-catagory under "Events". No clue how it got moved, and no clue how to get it back where it was. :help:
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Suzanne, have you tried drag and drop?? Or right click-cut-paste?
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I tried drag and drop-didn't work. When you right click, there is no option for cut/paste.

hukari wrote: Suzanne, have you tried drag and drop?? Or right click-cut-paste?
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
If you right click on the newly created sub-category, there should be an option to return to keyword tag.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
That option is grayed out. I tried two different approaches. I first right-clicked on the un-opened subcategory. After that didn't work, I opened the subcategory and right clicked. In both the attempts, the choice to return to the keyword tag was grayed out.

MichelB wrote: If you right click on the newly created sub-category, there should be an option to return to keyword tag.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Another suggestion, Suzanne.
If 'Miscellaneous' was a category instead of a keyword, it may have been changed to a sub-category. If that is the case, you could choose 'Edit.... sub-category' in the right click popup menu, then choose 'None, convert to category' in the new popup.
Otherwise, the keywords may have been deleted, I don't know how.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Okay! I found out how to do it. Look at this thumbnail and photo on Pixentral. Now, it says "Christmas", only because I already was able to change the sub-catagory "Miscellaneous" to a "category" by clicking on the highlighted choice. But if I wanted to change "Christmas" to a category, this is how I would do it. You will notice that "Miscellaneous" is now where it should be! Trial and error, trial and error! :thumbsup: Thanks everyone for your help.

Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

7 posts Page 1 of 1