A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Chuck, I thought the same thing. After reading the list of updates I really didn't see anything that really would make a difference to me.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, the general rule is to keep up-to-date on firmware because they're sometimes set up to build on the previous update. However, when issues are raised, it's better to let it have some 'soak time' before installing. Very difficult to go back to a previous version, evidently.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
When I checked out this thread I promptly went into panic mode. I just got out my camera and took a couple of photos. Everything seems to be working properly. I took the photos in raw and Photoshop opened them with no problems. Hopefully nothing else will show up. I guess I've learned one thing, to wait a bit before updating anything. I guess I'll be holding my breath until I've used my camera a few times. :cry:

Anita
Anita, I feel the same way about camera firmware updates that I do about making direct changes to my computer's registry, i.e., I feel like I'm on a high tightrope with no net. Eventually, I go out on the wire and make it across....but not without significant anxiety.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
good idea.......I will wait on any updates...........aaaa noooo Korean language for meeeeee. I can barely speak English and that is the only one I know. I learned Spanish for 4 years and never had a firm grip on it but that was years ago and I have slept since then. Maybe when they put push 3 to hear your bank information in Korean will I learn the language. :mrgreen:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
15 posts Page 2 of 2