A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Seen on the other forum:
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/s ... post419620

http://www.simplephotoshop.com/elementsplus/

I have downloaded them on PSE6, (145 tools for a ridiculous price!)
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Looks interesting.
Wow! If those work, that puts you pretty close to PS for a ridiculous price! :thumbsup:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I am going to go deeper into those tools, but I can tell you it is a very comprehensive toolbox and that the classical ones easy to use. Andrei Doubrovski did give me support on the Village forum about smart objects. That's something which should be very useful for creative collages and montages. For CS users: do you take advantage of those smart objects and filters?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
I know I don't take advantage of the smart objects and filters enough. I use adjustment layers extensively, but actually don't use filters very much at the moment. They are handy, however, and I have used them in the past. I don't remember; do the smart capacities increase file size? I would suppose so...off to check Google!

Edit: Better yet, I checked PS. Yikes! I opened a photo as a smart object and saved it. The original file weighed in at 2.51MB. The Smart one, with no changes of any kind, saved as a PSD, was a hefty 35.2MB!!! The same file saved as a simple PSD with no changes, weighed in at 16.3MB.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Yikes is right, my brain cant understand an advantage for someone like me.
Looks like a real deal for the price.

I was looking at Graffi's bundle w/installer, but didn't find where it told what actions were included. With this other program would it duplicate the things that Graffi has to offer?

Tennie
tennie wrote: Looks like a real deal for the price.

I was looking at Graffi's bundle w/installer, but didn't find where it told what actions were included. With this other program would it duplicate the things that Graffi has to offer?

Tennie

There are some common tools in both packages. Elements plus self installs and does not need Graffi's Add-O-Matic. Graffi offers various packages depending on your needs. Both have the major missing tools like curves, masks. They are not identical, so there is room for choice. More later on this comparison which requires some time.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Thanks, Michel. Think I'll get Graffi's Add-O-Matic as I have other files to install and possibly more if/when I find them. Then I'm leaning toward the other program in addition.

Tennie
I purchased Elements+ for PSE7 a while ago, but did not see what it could do until I was reading Matt Kloskowski’s Layers book. It was a great book to read and I learned a lot from it. With Elements+ I was able to do a few things that I normally would not have been able to do with just PSE7. While the demo version of Elements+ is the same as Grant’s Tools, the full version of Elements+ brings out so much more.

My favorite options were the Smart Objects and Smart Filters that you can do. Being able to create different types of paths, different options for Layer Masks, different optionf for Layers such as rasterize layer, fill opacity, group/ungroup layers, different selection options, transform selection. It is a great buy.
Johnny
Photoshop Elements 6 and 7 / Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 / Picasa / Toshiba Satellite / Windows XP
Kodak DX6490 / Kodak Z650 / Kodak Professional 1400 Digital Photo Printer / Kodak 5500 EasyShare AiO Printer
Canon XSi
12 posts Page 1 of 2