A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Found this tut http://www.planetphotoshop.com/photo-to-drawing.html and tried following it. I got as far as adding a mask. I have masks because of the Elements +, but what kind would I use? Tried a couple and went on to the gradient but everytime I tried to drag it in from a new side I'd lose the original. :help:

Can do a sketch effect with it, but would appreciate it if someone could walk me through it the right way. :oops:

What I came up with, but likely not the best subject for this. And of course, not at all what the outcome should have been.

Attachments

Tennie, I have tried it and can't get it to work for me either. I know there is a way to do multiple strokes with the gradient tool but for the life of me I can't remember how. I asked the same question last week and did not get an answer. Maybe someone will see this and help us both out
Tennie, are you sure you have a white mask to begin with, transparency checked (top on gradient tool bar) and you are using a black to transparent??? This configuration should work.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thank you, Reka! :thanks: It was the foreground to transparent gradient that I screwed up on.

This example was just done quickly to see if I could make it work. :chickendance: :cheer2:

Attachments

Glad you got it to work! :thumbsup:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
5 posts Page 1 of 1