A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
My son has elements 5.0 and just got a new laptop. He wants to install 5.0 on it but it is Vista. Is there anything he should know before installing. Will it install, ok, is what I really mean to ask.
I will check back in the morning to see if anyone answers but will be gone for a few days in case you are wondering why I don't respond
I had to upgrade to PSE7 when I got vista PSE 6 would NOT load......and my vista was the newest with the 'supposed' support pack. On the bright side. I love PSE7
I hope he does not have to do that!! Vista is the pits
I just recently installed 5 on to vista system and it went like a breeze. I have had no issues with Vista at all. Everything I had transfered just fine from xp.
Tina B
Thanks, Tina, I will tell him that. Hopefully all will go well for him too.
Suzi, when Vista came out, there was a download Adobe for PSE5 to install and run smoothly on Vista. Check their site for it. If it is no longer there, let me know and I will see if I still have it. Silly me downloaded it before I knew what it was, didn't have Vista yet, but saw a update download and did it. :bigwink:

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I did some digging and I must have deleted the file since I didn't need it. Here is the link tot he download at Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ftpID=3569

If I remember correctly, people were saying they weren't having any problems installing PSE5 on Vista but it never hurts to have the patch just in case.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Suzi,

Probably too late but here is the link to Adobe for the download:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ftpID=3569

Adobe says that:

Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0.2 update

The Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 5.0.2 update provides compatibility with Microsoft® Windows Vista™ (32-bit versions only).
John
John, check the post above yours, I already posted the link this morning. :toast:

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Umh, :doh:

Normally, I would delete the superfluous post, but I haven't had an opportunity to use the word superfluous for a long, long time, so I wont! :rotfl: :rotfl:
John
11 posts Page 1 of 2