A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
What should I do tocorrect this photo. The little girls face and hair look really weird to me. They look almost purple. I have tried everything I know but still not getting any better. Anny suggestions.
Tina B
TIna, they are adorable. The little one's smile looks so onry. It looks like the sun coming through is causing color reflections on your lens. Since I haven't replaced actions or anything yet I'm not much help. I am sure someone will be along soon that will have some suggestions. Why not list some of what you have tried so far so nobody tells you to try it.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
In PSE 5 - Did a levels adjustment layer, Used the color cuves 3 times at 50% opacity for each layer (darken HL, Inc Midtones, and Inc Contrast) added a layer mask to each to apply just where needed, used the remove color cast tool. Merged layers and used adjust for skin tone (moved tan slider left a bit) and then did a levels adjustment again and boosted contrast with HL/ Contrast .

It has a lot of blue that you need to correct out without turning it yellow.

Not perfect but better....
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
Here's my try
I made a loose selection around the girls then feathered around 90. Control J put the selection on it's own layer changed the blend mode to soft light, then I done a hue and sat adjustment on the magentas. Then sharpened
Good repair there, Shari.
I think that the problem was bright sunlight getting between the girls and the camera. Not quite 'flare' but maybe a worse problem, as you don't often actually see it when taking the picture.
In short, a sunbeam got in the way!
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
Wow good job geting to the bottom of this one. I just could not get a handle on it and find the right thing to do. I did levles adjustments, color corrections, but could not get it to look right. A sunbeam in the way ,mmm, that is a good explanation of it. to much light between the camera and the subject. Wow you guys are so good. It was driving me nuts. Now I will take all the suggestions and see what I can do with it. It is always a learning process with photos.

Tina B
Thank you Geoff!
Thanks for the challenge, Tina. Let us see yours when you get done!
I'm wondering if maybe the WB was off when the shot was taken. Just a guess, but if WB was set to auto, the next time you're in a situation like that where even though you're getting a lot of sunlight coming through the trees, its still basically a shady situation. Try setting your WB to shade or cloudy and see if that makes a difference. That should warm the shot up some and cut down on adjustments. Just a suggestion to try.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I will have some time to work on it this weekend and then will post back what I have come up with.
Tina B
9 posts Page 1 of 1