A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I ran across a blog a few weeks ago that gave a keyboard shortcut regarding masking. The shortcut was to turn your masked area red like a quick mask. I didn't write the shortcut down and for the life of me I can't seem to turn anything up when I google it. Does anyone know this shortcut. I have tried using the quick selection tool but I don't need a selection, just need to see where I need to fine tune the mask. I know one exists because I tried it and thought huh! I just didn't think huh long enought to write it down !!! :help:
Dawn
If it is the quick mask you are looking for it is the letter "Q"
It exists, Dawn,

I'll be darned if I can remember what it is. Suzi, it's not quick mask, it's something else. I saw it explained in one of the old -- real old -- video tutorials for PSE5 on the other forum site. Just can't remember.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
How about this

Alt-Shift click on the mask icon to see the mask as a red rubylith overlay
That's it :cheer2:

Boy, Suzi, are you good or what

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks, Rusty but google deserves all the credit.
Rusty and Suzi thank you so much for the help! I thought I had tried every combo key stroke known -- I obviously skipped over the Alt-Shift combo. I guess I wasn't putting in the right keywords when I was googling either -- it has been bugging me for a week! :woohoo:
Dawn
mine turned red the other day and for the life of me, I had no idea what I had done. :rotfl:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I was copying some masks from one layer to another and sometimes it would go red and sometimes it wouldn't. I couldn't figure out why. I must have been fat fingering the keyboard or something! :doh:
Dawn
And, thanks to the wonderful world of Adobe, pressing the \ key also does it if the layer you are on has a mask. Which is a more likely FF (fat finger) possibility! :chickendance: :chickendance:

Pressing it again turns it off
John
12 posts Page 1 of 2