A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I know this came up some time ago but I couldn't find it using the search tool. How do you bypass the welcome screen in PSE7?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
When in Edit click Window up on the menu bar. Welcome is one of the options and is checked by default - click to make the check go away

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
it has been a long time but when the welcome screen comes up...
on the bottom left hand corner, i think there was an option to choose.
Open in.... or maybe you had to click it to get the "open in" box.
Then you choose what you wanted.

That was how I did it anyway. :biggrin:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
For some reason,I can't make the check mark go away. Right clicking does no good and clicking on it brings up the welcome window. Strange,no? This is getting stranger.....I was able to unclick the check mark at welcome but.....the welcome window still appears when loading PSE7.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas,

I don't have 7 installed, but there is usually a dropdown in that welcome screen that allows you to select Weolcom, Editor or Orgainzer. Set Editor and then next time it should leap to the edit program.
John
John,
My version of PSE7 has no drop-down box. I'd do a screen save (if I knew how)
Chas
Chas's Gallery
PSE7 does not have the dropdown menu found in the lower left corner of earlier versions. I guess that was another "improvement" that Adobe gave us.

I screwed around with 7 for the longest time attempting to make it go right into edit. I finally looked into my Missing Manual for PSE5 in hopes there might be something in there to help. Yes, there was.

I had to go into that 'click window>welcome' routine to verify what I was going to tell you in the first post. The first time I clicked 'welcome' the welcome screen opened up; I then went into edit. Then I clicked 'window' again and, sure 'nuff, there was a check next to 'welcome'. I clicked 'welcome' again ... one time, a regular left-click.

I closed Elements and reopened again to see what would happen -- right into Edit, no welcome screen. I again clicked 'window' and verified there was no check next to welcome.

Rusty

Chas,

O.K., on the laptop now.

So, yeah, they dropped it in PSE7! Seem like Adobe can't resist making changes.

So, best alternative based on Vista, would be to create a shortcut to

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Right click on the desktop, New, Shortcut, and paste the above into the location of item box and it should work.
John
IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAID PRIOR TO THIS POST.

I forgot how I fixed it -- John's post describes exactly what I did and, regardless of what I may or may not do screwing around with the "window menu", it doesn't matter. I have a modified shortcut on my desktop and that is what is taking me straight to Edit.

Rusty

Come to think of it,this is just how things got messed up. Mother Vista automatically updated herself and some things were different after that. My current shortcut brings up the welcome window,not edit mode. Thanks for the help,guys.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
11 posts Page 1 of 2