A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
At least, this is what I think it is :D

I have an image candidate for a Christmas Card. This is only a small part of it but, wouldn't you know it, it is in the smile(s). I hope this post is clear enough to show the bluish-green pixels on the teeth.

teeth.jpg
teeth.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 1800 times

I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Noise reduction didn't do anything for me (using Neat Image) using a Hue/Sat adjustment layer - selecting the teeth and reducing saturation of the teeth - didn't do a darned thing.

Any ideas?

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Could just brush them... Photoshop, not tooth. Replace color even?
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Does anyone know what causes this? Is this know as a dead pixel??
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
what about painting them with white on a separate layer and reduce opacity if needed
It looks to me like to much JPEG compression. Apart from a little reconstruction I don't think there's a magic fix for it.

Colin
Thanks, I didn't think of compression and I'm sure you are correct. I was emailed a dozen shots by DIL asking me to help pick one and then clean up for Christmas Card. When a selection is made, I intended to tell her to send me a better quality image. That's probably going to solve the problem.

I know they were taken with a 10mp camera and, after your comment, I looked at the files. Every one of is 856x1278 and less than 200kb. I have no idea what sort of routine she use for resizing for email but I'll see if I can talk her thru producing something around 2,000 to 3,000kb. That should be small enough for email and good enough for a small size Xmas card size image.

I have tried painting, not real great results yet. Hopefully, a better quality file will solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Rusty

Rusty - have her upload it to http://www.sendspace.com and then send you the link to download. It's free and can handle up to 300MB files. Makes transfering large files a breeze.
Thank you, Jane,

That's pretty slick. I knew sites like that existed but have never tried it (never needed to).

Rusty

Rusty,
I think the girl has colored Braces on her teeth.
doug
9 posts Page 1 of 1