A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Howdy:
I would like to get help in designing a birthday card for my sister, she just made 70 and I would like to make something special for her. I would like to make a nice pomposite like the ones that Kev and Kim makes with Happy 70th. Birthday on it.I have no experience in this type of thing so I'll appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you in advance for your help.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
1. decide on a theme - if you have them, maybe a selection of 4 - 5 pictures that span her life.
2. decide on size of card
3. come back here and let us know and we can help you out, (I can probably point you to free backgrounds if I know a theme.)
Don, I am sure anything you do she will love. Like Jane said, pick photos you want to use and a card size and theme. Most importantly is the number of photos and size of the card. We can help with a theme if you can't think of anything.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Dear Jane and Kim:
I been looking for some old pictures that she was carrying me on a bike but can't fine it. I'll try to find it tonight when I get home. Other than that I have no theme. I also was thinking on getting one of my images on 11 X 11 size with some words and the no. 70 on it on 11 x 14 paper. Is that to big? THANK YOU for your help for this is very special to me. I only have 2 sisters and we are very tight. My mom die in May this year so we now only have each other. I'am the baby of the family,LOL. :mrgreen:
Shalom,
Don
Don, I think your idea of the 11x14 with one of your awesome pieces of art would be a great idea. I think she would treasure it more than a card since she could display it for all to see. Once you pick the image you are going to use and you need help with the words just give us a shoot and will we be happy to help out. Your sisters are lucky to have such a thoughtful brother as you.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
"Your sisters are lucky to have such a thoughtful brother as you."

Thank you for those beautiful words Kim, you are so special. But you know what, I'am the lucky one for not only having 2 fantastic sisters but for having your friendship as well.
God bless you.
Shalom,
Don
Hi Don,
I agree with everybody else here that your sisters are fortunate to have you for a bro. My brother and sister are nice people and all that jazz, but I'll never receive a gift of original art from either of them.

I strongly agree with your idea to do an 11x14. Birthday cards sit on the mantel or get hung on the kitchen cabinets for a while, and then get put away or discarded, but you can give your sis a piece of art, created especially for her, that will be worthy of display at all times.

Your sister will love it.

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Don, I may be stating the obvious...
But, if you select one of your beautiful images as either the background or as the only image, don't just select one of your excellent efforts "because it is beautiful". If you can, try to find one of a place she is fond of or that might have special meaning to her.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thats is an excellent idea Rusty.

Don, like Steve said, I would never receive anything as beautiful and thoughtful as one of your awesome creations from one of my brothers either. On my birthday last month all I got from any of the 4 of them was a text message from youngest brother that said 3 words, not even full words. "hpy bday brat". And I don't have text messaging on my plan so it cost me 25 cents. :)

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, you are so funny, a text message in Morse Code :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok Kim, Steve and Rusty, I'll go for the 11x11 print in 11x14 or larger paper make it like a poster and insted of diego conde photography at the bottom I'll write Happy 70th. Birthday Lourdes or Lourdes 70th. Birthday Conmemorative Poster Is that ok or do you all have a better suggestion.
Shalom,
Don
15 posts Page 1 of 2