A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
21 posts Page 1 of 3
Ok, I don't know about anyone else but we need a new breath of Life on this forum. I enjoy the family here and would miss hearing from any one of them but we are getting a little stale here.
I know I am not learning anything here anymore and perhaps that is why some people just quit posting. I don't know where to get any tutorials that may teach us more than we already know. I don't want this fourm to go away so does anyone have any ideas to challenge us other than what we already have here?
Tina B :help:
I completely agree, Tina.

I don't know the solution but, like you, fear that some of our 'regulars' will start to drift away as have so many already.

I think "more teaching posts" will help.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Several months ago, I felt somewhat the way that Tina mentions. So, I started taking part in additional forums. However, PCEC is still my favorite place to "hang out". I doubt that one individual forum can satisfy all of our cravings.
Tina, maybe you could start something new for us.
It would be nice to see someone voluntarily post a link to a helpful (or fun) tutorial along with their examples/results from following the tutorial --- sort of like the earlier Kimi tutorials.
In fact I'll post one today. Then maybe, someone else could post another one in a few days or next week (Tina, Rusty - how about you?)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
the problem is I don't know what to post for a turorial ! Back when I first started with elements it was so much fun learning all the things that people posted. I would try all of the tutorials and feel so proud of myself once I masterd it. Now I just feel like maybe I have reached the end but I no there is so much more to learn about elements. I just don't know where to find things to share. I would love for Christell to teach us how she does those wonderful pages she has been posting. Maybe teach us and then give us a week or so to post back what we have learned.
Tina B
Truth is, I have stopped posting on about all forums. I post on this one, more than any other. As for turorials, my little pea size brain is full of them, just can't seem to find the time to shake them out.

It appears that outside of work, I'm moving my kids across the country and will be moving one back to Georgia is Sept., plus my DW and I are moving to another house in Oct (due to my back) with NO steps. it appears that about all I'm good for is moving ... well, paying for someone to do the moving. :chickendance:

I really don't know what to do to kick start this or anything. Outside of moving, I appear to be good at pissing people off. Go figure, didn't know I had it in me. :D

:wave:
Dane
-------------------------------------
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
-------------------------------------
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Dane
I have learned so much from your posts in the past and have even reread most of them to see if I missed anything. You sound like you are one busy person. Good luck with the moving and all the stuff that goes with that. Thanks for bringing us this far with all your ideas.
Tina B
Tina_B wrote: the problem is I don't know what to post for a turorial !
I would love for Christell to teach us how she does those wonderful pages she has been posting. Maybe teach us and then give us a week or so to post back what we have learned.
Tina B

Tina, hopefully others will share their favorite tutorials with us.
As far as Christell teaching us how to do her beautiful pages, I believe she has a special talent that just flows from her.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I will be out of town for the rest of the week and will give some thought to what might help us get moving around here again. Not sure any of my thought might help but My creative juices are drying up and I need a shove to get going.
See you next week
Tina B
Just saw this thread and I agree with Tina.

It seems to me we have been 'downsizing' instead of growing. The best growth we've had has been BJ's monthly photos (and just recently the tut challenge). We dropped the SYI and everything else seems to revolve around Monday's....no real reason to visit or post otherwise. (Except I enjoy seeing other's work and I'm sorry I don't always take the time to post a comment.)

I don't know the solution though. :crying:
the crop challenge and the SYI can all be started up again, just say the word.
21 posts Page 1 of 3